Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Plant pots


     For such a simple project this thing was a booger to photograph.  The green panel above is the closest to the right color but it makes the pots more orangy.  sigh.....
     Anyway, I created this project using a couple of the Watercolor Mini stamp sets from Art Impressions--Southwest and Watering Can.  I used Distress markers for my stamping and coloring.


     I've been trying to improved my watercoloring skills by watching Bonnie Kreb's YouTube videos.  Bonnie is the owner of AI and the watercolor sets are her forte.  I still need lots of practice, but I am learning.
     For the inside of the card I used some stamps from Altenew's Thinking of You set.


     Hope you enjoyed the card.
     I will be leaving for vacation on Friday.  See you all when I get back.
     Be blessed!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Canson XL 140 lb. cold press water color paper, MFT, Recollections
Stamps--Art Impressions "Southwest" and Watering Can", Altenew "Thinking of You"
Ink--Distress inks, Versafine Black Onyx
Tools--Spellbinders Larege Labels, EK Success Corner Rounder

7 comments:

KimCreate said...

I think your water color is beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, gosh, that is beautiful! I love these images and the simple design, and your water-coloring is amazing. Really love the no-line watercolor look here!
Hope you have a fabulous vacation!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card and I love the watercolor! Have an awesome vacation!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW serene and beautiful
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Geri Neumann said...

Tracy, your water coloring is awesome. Watercoloring is the most difficult medium, in my humble opinion. Not easy to correct mistakes, or change it much, once it's on the paper. You're work is wonderful. Hugs, Geri N

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tracy, what a beautiful southwestern theme, and I love these clay pots! Beautifully done with your watercoloring, and I love the simple design with the die and the rounded corner! Wonderful card, my friend, and you are so versatile in style and color medium! Wow! Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! You are a natural! I love all your work, you know that ... I'll check out those video links TFS!